The Program mission, vision and core values were aligned with the University strategic plan 2016-2021 and were prepared in consideration of Islamic values, societal perspectives, and Saudi Vision 2030. Other considerations include the national development plan, strategic goals, policies and future plan for higher education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Furthermore we considered the national and international accreditation requirements, mainly the World Federation of Medical Education. Other specific factors that shape our mission, vision and values are the stakeholders’ views including students, faculty, MNGHA partners, health system and community representatives. Their views were obtained through comprehensive SWOT analysis. These statements aim toward ambitious and balanced transformation to address the national requirements while keeping the global dimension. Based on the above, the mission, vision and core values were formulated:
To achieve global leadership and excellence in medical education research, patient care, and community service and to be the destination for the young minds who wish to be successful physicians of the future.
To graduate qualified physicians and provide high quality education, research, and relevant community services that promote social accountability.
High Ethical Standards and Professionalism
We expect our faculty, staff and students to demonstrate the highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism in their conduct.
Leadership and Teamwork
We aim to enhance leadership skills and individual responsibility by conducting work in an interdisciplinary teamwork atmosphere.
High Quality and Excellence
We expect our faculty, staff and students to be committed to the highest standards of quality in education, research, healthcare services and administration.
Relevance and Accountability
We encourage our faculty, staff and students to be responsive to the needs of our community by addressing priority health problems.
We encourage the development of new ideas in education, research, healthcare and administration.
We encourage all stakeholders to act with clarity.
- Enhance academic programs that produce highly competent physicians to obtain national, regional and international recognition
- Improve College national and international ranking
- Strengthen the quality, quantity and impact of medical research and scholarly activities
- Engage in community services that promote population health and contribute to enhancing social accountability of the College
- Enhance the internal quality assurance system to ensure the sustainability of quality assurance processes and achieve the required national and international accreditation in a timely manner
- Enhance the integrations of the affiliated ,medical cities to improve student learning, and enhance the participation of joint appointees in the College educational, research and community services activities
- Adopt a flexible and effective administrative and managerial structure that nurtures timely decision making