GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the COM-J library is to support the colleges mission by providing dedicated service, effective instruction, and quality resources. We offer informational, instructional, reference, research and educational services to the college community in support of learning, teaching, and lifelong information literacy. We provide a comprehensive collection of print, non-print and online resources.
- Evaluate, select, organize and preserve collections.
- Provide current library materials and databases that support the academic curriculum.
- Educate and assist college, students, faculty and staff in the identification and effective use of information resources.
- Continue to strengthen and update all collections to meet the needs of KSAU-HS programs.
- Provide access to library resources and servers via web pages and online resources.
- Ensure that resources available are current appropriate and accessible.
- Work closely with users; know their needs and interests.
- Provide physical and digital infrastructures that advance research and education.
- Ensure that library materials are processed and made available in a timely manner.
- Organize library resources in a logical, accessible and cost-effective manner.
- Increase collection preservation efforts.
- Promote continuing education and lifelong learning.