Dr. Alqassem Yahia Hakami (Ph.D.)
Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine-Jeddah,
Official Email: Hakamia@ksau-hs.edu.sa
Personal Email: Q_Y_H13@hotmail.com
- Chairman, Research Unit
- Assistant Professor of pharmacology
- Pharm. D. from King Abdulaziz university
- M.S. in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Ph.D, of Experimental Therapeutics
- Neuroscience and behavioral pharmacology
- Life time member of ASPET
- Life time member of Society of Neuroscience (SfN)
PUBLICATIONS (in KSAU-HS)
- Reinstatement to Methamphetamine, Glial Glutamate Transporters, and mGluR 2/3 Expression in P Rats Exposed to Ethanol. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience. 2019 Jan 1;67(1):1-5.
- Hakami AY, Alshehri FS, Sari Y. β-lactams modulate astroglial glutamate transporters and attenuate dependence to CP 55,940, a CB1 receptor agonist, in rat model. Behavioural brain research. 2019 Feb 1;359:709-18.
- Alshehri FS, Hakami AY, Althobaiti YS, Sari Y. Effects of ceftriaxone on hydrocodone seeking behavior and glial glutamate transporters in P rats. Behavioural brain research. 2018 Jul 16;347:368-76.
- Hakami AY, Sari Y. β-Lactamase inhibitor, clavulanic acid, attenuates ethanol intake and increases glial glutamate transporters expression in alcohol preferring rats. Neuroscience letters. 2017 Sep 14;657:140-5.
- Hakami AY, Alshehri FS, Althobaiti YS, Sari Y. Effects of orally administered Augmentin on glutamate transporter 1, cystine-glutamate exchanger expression and ethanol intake in alcohol-preferring rats. Behavioural brain research. 2017 Mar 1;320:316-22.
- Hakami AY, Hammad AM, Sari Y. Effects of amoxicillin and augmentin on cystine-glutamate exchanger and glutamate transporter 1 isoforms as well as ethanol intake in alcohol-preferring rats. Frontiers in neuroscience. 2016 Apr 25;10:171.