Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine-Jeddah
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alaa Althubaiti has a Ph.D. degree in Statistics and Probability from The University of Manchester, United Kingdom. During her PhD, she developed a novel solution to the errors-in-variables (EIV) problem. She has 17 years of graduate and undergraduate teaching experience, of which 11 years is post Ph.D. She has excellent teaching, and research experience; and in 2017 was awarded the President’s Award for Excellence, for Best Teacher Award. Her main interest is in the application and development of statistical approaches to answer research questions in the biological and medical fields. She published over 40 papers that contribute to the literature on preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic healthcare services and have practical implications on healthcare practitioners, policymakers, and educationists.
- PhD in Statistics and Probability, from Statistics Department, School of Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, The University of Manchester in 2011
- MS in Statistics, from King Abdulaziz University in 2006
- BS in Statistics and Computer Science, from King Abdulaziz University in 2003
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative projects, Measurement errors, Higher education, Quality control, Biostatistics | Design of experiments, Modelling, Error-in-variables models
- American Statistical Association
- Member of The Royal Statistical Society (RSS)
- Associate Editor, The Arab Journal for Forensic Sciences and Forensic Medicine (AJFSFM), 2014-2015.
- Reviewer, Statistics in Medicine.
- Reviewer, Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education.
- Reviewer, Annuals of Saudi Medicine.
Publications (In KSAU-HS/ Previous Five years):
Original Articles |
- Althubaiti A, Tirksstani JM, Alsehaibany AA, Aljedani RS, Mutairii RM, Alghamdi NA. Digital Transformation in Medical Education: Factors that Influence Readiness. Health Informatics. 2022.
- Almouaalamy NA, Jafari AA, Althubaiti AM. Tele-clinics in palliative care during the COVID-19 Saudi Medical Journal. 2022.
- Jastaniah N, Sagim R A, Sanyour R M, Alamri D, Bajandouh RH, Shaheen EA, Althubaiti A. A Retrospective Chart Review: The Prevalence of Hyponatremia Among Elderly Inpatients in a Tertiary Care Centre in Saudi Arabia. Cureus. 2022.
- Alsudais AS, Alghamdi AS, Alharbi AA, Alshehri AA, Alzhrani MA, Keskin S, Şahin M, Althubaiti AM. Social Anxiety in E-Learning: Scale Validation and Socio-demographic Correlation Study. Education and Information Technologies. 2022.
- Althubaiti Attitudes of Medical Students Toward Statistics in Medical Research: Evidence from Saudi Arabia. Journal of Statistics and Data Science Education. 2021.
- Albabtain, IT, Almohanna, RS, Alkhuraiji, AA, Alsalamah, RK, Almasoud, NA., AlBaqmi, KH, Althubaiti AM. Risk factors for the systemic inflammatory response syndrome and sepsis following surgical management of acute intestinal obstruction. International Journal of Health Sciences. 2021.
- Bawazeer M, Alsalamah R K, Almazrooa D R, Alanazi S K, Alsaif N, Alsubayyil R, Althubaiti A, Mahmoud A. Neonatal hospital readmissions: Rate and associated causes. Journal of Clinical Neonatology. 2021; 10(4): 233-238.
- Alshaya M, Almutairi N, Shaath G, Aldosari R, Alnamee S, Althubaiti A, Abu-Sulaiman A. Surgical site infections following pediatric cardiac surgery in a tertiary care hospital: Rate and risk factors. Journal of Saudi Heart Association. 2021; 33(1).
- Magliah SF, Zarif HA, Althubaiti A, Sabban MF. Managing Type 1 Diabetes among Saudi adults on insulin pump therapy during the COVID-19 lockdown. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2020 Dec 6;15(1):63-68.
- Almouaalamy N, Almarwani K, Almehmadi A, AlNakhli AA, AlGhamdi Y, Zarkan A, Althubaiti A. Referral Time of Advance Cancer Patients to Palliative Care Services and Its Predictors in Specialized Cancer Center. Cureus; 12(12): e12300.
- Homoud B, Hakami A, Almalki M, Shaheen M, Althubaiti A, Alkhathaami A, Khatri I. The association of diabetes with ischemic stroke attacks in a tertiary center in Saudi Arabia. Annuals of Saudi Medicine. 2020; 449-455.
- Masud N, Moukaddem A, Masuadi E, Omair A, Aljasser M, Al Dubayee M, Althubaiti A, Bawazeer M. Development, and validation of authorship order scoring system for scientific publication (AOSSSP). Health Professions Education. 2020; 6(3): 434-443.
- Alqurashi GM, Almohanna RS; Ayoub KMK; Alkhuraiji AA, Almasoud NA, Alsubaie AR, Althubaiti AM, Al Sehly AA. Discrete Left Ventricle Outflow Tract Obstruction in Children: Incidence and Predictors of Recurrence. A Multi-Center Study. Journal of the Saudi Heart Association. 2020; 32(3), Article 4.
- Aldelaijan S, Alsanae M, almegbel M, Alsadoun N, Altoyan S, Alshammari W, Madani A, Alhussaini Z, Althubaiti A, Aljerian N. Assessment of helicopter versus ground emergency medical services in reducing mortality rate and the length of stay in adult trauma patients between 2002 and 2014 recorded in King Abdulaziz Medical City trauma registry. Saudi Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020; 1(1): 015-019.
- Arifi A, Alshaya S, Alsehali A, bin Obaid W, Hussain M, Elanany M, Althubaiti A, Vanonselen R, Al-harbi S, Alkhayyal N. Impact of blood transfusion on major infection after isolated coronary artery bypass surgery: Incidence and risk factors. Journal of the Saudi Heart Association. 2019; 31(4):254-260.
- Alonazi A, Alrashoud J, Aljuhani J, Althubaiti A. Exploring the outcome of multiple sclerosis among Saudi adult patients a single-centered cross-sectional study at King Abdulaziz Medical City in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Neurosciences. 2019; 24(3):168-175.
- Aleraij S, Alomar N, Al Rajih H, Morad S, Abushrai F, Alhussain H, Alfaraj S, Althubaiti A. Fertility awareness, intentions concerning childbearing, and attitudes towards parenthood among female health professions students. International Journal of Health Sciences. 2019; 13(3).
- Althonaian N, Alsairi A, Almanea W, Alsubaie N, Almuharim A, Althubaiti A. Postoperative Complications in Living Liver Donors: A Retrospective Study, Single-Centre Experience in Saudi Arabia. Saudi journal of kidney disease and transplantation. 2018; 30(2):359-364.
- Alsaigh SY, Alasmari AA, Hakeem AH, Aloushan A, Bin Saleh F, Althubaiti A, Yousef Z. Gender differences in practicing standard precautions against blood-borne pathogens among surgeons at a tertiary care center: A cross-sectional study.Avicenna Journal of Medicine. 2019;9(1):15-22.
- Al‑Zahrani R, Alharbi S, Tuwaijri R, Alzomaili B, Althubaiti A, Yelbuz T. Transposition of the great arteries: A laterality defect in the group of heterotaxy syndromes or an outflow tract malformation? Annals of Pediatric Cardiology. 2018; 11(3):237.
- Alakeely A, Almutari A, Alhekail G, Ahmad Abuoliat Z, Althubaiti A, AboItai L, and Al-Kadri H. The effect of epidural education on primigravid women’s decision to request epidural analgesia: A cross-sectional. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2018; 18:124.
- Alnemer KH, Pani SH, Althubaiti A, Bawazeer M. Impact of birth characteristics, breast feeding and vital statistics on the eruption of primary teeth among healthy infants in Saudi Arabia: an observational study. BMJ Open. 2017;7:doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-018621
- Alhekail GA, Althubiti A, Alqueflie S. The Association Between body mass index and frequency of emergency department visits and hospitalization for asthma exacerbation in pediatric population. Annals of Saudi Medicine. 2017; 37(6):415-419.
- Almansouri A, Abdulfattah M, Baaqil O, Bakheet A, Turki S, Kotb M, Althubaiti A, et al. Sclerostin levels in HIV infected patients and their association with bone turnover markers and bone mineral densitometry. Journal of Bone Metabolism. 2016; 23:16-22.
- Bamuhair SS, Al Farhan AI, Althubaiti A, ur Rahman S, Al-Kadri HM. Class attendance and cardiology examination performance: A study in problem-based medical curriculum. International Journal of General Medicine. 2016; 9:1-5.
Althubaiti A. Information bias in health research: definition, pitfalls, and adjustment methods. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. 2016; 9:211-217.
Administrative Designation |
- Co-Chair Research Unit
- Coordinator of Medical Research Program
Committee Memberships |
- Scientific Council, KSAU-HS, KSA
- Scientific Council Subcommittee, KSAU-HS, KSA
- Research Unit, KSAU-HS, COM, Jeddah
- Faculty and Student Research Board Committee, COM, KSAU-HS, Jeddah