RULES & REGULATIONS
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc. outside thelibrary entrance on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Badge must be kept when entering the library.
- Do not write, underline, highlighted, water damage, stains, torn pages or covers of any Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Do not reshelve books or journals.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Smoking, drinking and eating are not allowed in the library.
- Keep your mobiles on silence within the library premises.
- All belongings left for more than one day will be kept at the circulation counter.
- Seats in the library cannot be reserved.
- Insulting language or provocative behavior of any kind is not permitted.
- Students who exhibit such behavior will be asked to leave the library immediately.
- In the case of a user attempting to steal or damage COM-J Library property, this matter will be referred to College disciplinary procedures.
- Photography, videography and sound recording within the library are forbidden without the permission of the Library Staff.
- Alumni are welcome to use all of the COM-J Library’s facilities, but do not have borrowing privileges.
- Children under the age of twelve are prohibited in the library.
- Conducting surveys of any kind without the prior permission of COM-J Library staff is not permitted.
The purpose of this Circulation Policy is to present guidelines for maintaining accurate, efficient, and consistent service procedures. All books from the regular collection are checked out from this area. However, of necessity, library materials can be circulated only to COM-J, KSAU-HS students, faculty and staff.
Student, faculty, joint appointment faculty and staff, are entitled for library membership. They are required to fill a library membership form and submit at the circulation desk in the library. The library membership forms are available at circulation desk.
Member Category Borrowing Privileges Days Renewal
Student 02 14 14 days (twice only)
Faculty 04 30 30 days (twice only)
Staff 02 14 14 days (twice only)
Books can be renewed twice, unless they are required by another member. Renewal of library materials must be made on or before the item due date to avoid fine charges, providing no other patron has requested the item(s).
You can request a book which is currently on loan and we will reserve it for you when it is returned. Books can be reserved for 24 hours only, each registered user may reserve a maximum of two (02) library items.
- Students: Two (02) Saudi Riyals per day per item fine is charged, with a maximum of three hundreds (SR 200) per book.
- Faculty members & staff: Ten (10) Saudi Riyals per day per item fine is charged, with a maximum of five hundreds (SR 500) per book.
LOST & DAMAGE
- The borrower will be responsible to replace the same or updated edition with overdue fine.
- For lost material a fine of two (2) times its original price shall be applied.
Computers are available for searching the literature and prepare the assignments. Workstations are updated and rebooted each night; any user data on the hard drive is erased. Save your work on external media or the cloud, or email your files to yourself.
Laptops, phones, or other devices with Wi-Fi capability may access the web from COM-J Library
Printing, photocopying and scanning are available on a limited basis, and strictly for research and study purposes.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)/DDS
Journals articles and other research materials not owned by the COM-J library can usually be acquired from other libraries of KSAU-HS and King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre-Jeddah, Aga Khan University, Ziauddin University, Shifa Tameer-e- Millat University of Pakistan.
ILL is usually used to fulfill requests for certain formats
- Book/Book Chapter (as PDF files)
- Journal Articles (as PDF files)
The Acknowledge Databases consist thousands of online full text of Journals and Books on Bio-Medical and related subjects are available.
Most of our e-journals, databases, and electronic materials are restricted so that only COM-J students, faculty and staff can use them off campus. This service is available only for those who are having NGHA/KSAU-HS credentials.
ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG (OPAC)
An online bibliography of a library collection that is available to the users, PCs can be used to search for particular item by author, title and subject etc.
COM-J LIBRARY RESOURCES CATALOGUE
A COM-J Library Resources Catalogue sends from the library email to all student, block faculty and coordinators in the beginning of every block.
LIBRARY MEETING/STUDY ROOM RESERVATION SERVICE
COM-J Library provides this service to all library users to reserve the library meeting room for group study, discussions and meetings. A form can be obtained from the Circulation Desk.
THE LIBRARY ALSO PROVIDING:
- Reference Service
- Library Orientation
- Literature search
- Helping in preparation of Bibliographies and Reference management
- New Arrivals