The COM-J IT Department aims to provide an innovative resource that continuously enhances campus life using information and computing. We are dedicated to ensuring the integrity of data, improving the delivery of instruction, and fostering a bright technological future in a smart and technologically advanced campus while using technology to support the ongoing mission and goals of KSAU-HS.
Our mission is to foster the support and development of the enterprise through prompt and reliable technical support, giving proper feedback, maintaining high quality service, achieving end user satisfaction, and through continuing education for academic faculty and staff. This will be achieved by offering strategic guidance and leadership for developing e-learning materials, as well as by providing technical and electronic educational resources.
IT Department Services
The COM-J IT Department provides technical and audio-visual support services, e-learning solutions and advanced classrooms to enhance the educational process:
1. IT Department Governance
The IT Department is structured into distinct functional sections, with specific services designated to corresponding staff:
- Audio-visual Section
- User Support Section
- Web Development Section
- E-Learning Section
- Network & Servers Support Section
2. Educational Applications
The IT Department strives to provide the latest in educational solutions to enhance the overall educational process. Available are:
- The KSAU-HS Blackboard System: For managing and sharing academic content; the Blackboard system is available to current and future students (both undergraduate and post graduate), to faculty members and to academic staff.
- The SAMS System (developed by COM-R) is utilized by COM-J local administrators for enrollment and registration purposes. It is used to enroll students, record their grades and provide their transcripts in COM-J.
- A university-wide Student Information System (SIS) is also currently being developed for use in the near future.
3. IT Support Services
Additional IT support services are provided to ease the routine and daily work of faculty and staff at the COM-J.
- NGHA/KSAU-HS email, fAX, scanner services.
- Paperless system to manage incoming and outgoing correspondence in an electronic format.
- The latest educational software packages
- Smart Board-enabled classrooms with interactive features
4. E-Learning and Telepresence
It is our aim to enhance and support the learning process through virtual and electronic media via video conferencing (virtual classrooms), web based learning and video/audio streaming and recording.
- Video conference solutions are actively used to provide and enhance remote and virtual education and collaboration; we are building on and adding to currently existing systems.
- Web presence is increased by creating Internet and Intranet websites and a web portal for COM-J students and staff.
- Telepresence is enhanced by enabling live streaming and recorded lectures through enhanced video conference solutions.
- Smart mobile technologies will be used to enhance student access to information by enabling access to educational content on wireless and handheld devices.
- Lecture capture and distribution: Lectures will be recorded and made available for student access.
- Portable classrooms/workshops will be made available to support extra-curricular activities.
Asstistant Director of Information and Communication Technology
Dr. Taghreed Justinia