This page offers students information on the application process and the requirements necessary for applying for admission to the King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences College of Medicine.
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
Deanship Admissions & Registration
University Graduate Entry Program Stream II
All prospective students to King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences must register through the Online Admissions Program. The link will be available during the Admissions period only.
- Bachelor degree of sciences in dentistry, pharmacy, applied medical sciences, science or veterinary medicine from recognized universities
- A period not exceeding five years since graduation
- General grade should not be less than "Good" (a cumulative average not less than 3 out of 5, 2 out of 4 or 70%)
- Completion and submission of application on-line
- Provide personal data, i.e. name, address, email, telephone number and other contact details
- Saudi Nationality
- Passing of the admissions entry exam held at the college.
- Forms should have the following documents attached:
- The original and a copy of the Bachelor's Degree Certificate (Those who have obtained certificates or documents from outside the Kingdom, should have their documents attested by the Ministry of Higher Education)
- Documentary evidence of the applicant's academic registration from the date of admission until graduation, to include successful completion of internship
- Original identity card together with one copy
- Four colored photographs of size 6 x 4 cm
- After the closing date for receipt of applications all papers will be reviewed and tabulated according to GPA and admissions entry exam, discipline, qualifications, personal statement etc.
- According to vacant positions, suitable numbers will be selected for interviews.
- A shortlist will be compiled of those who pass the initial screening process.
- A personal interview is required and will be granted to shortlisted applicants.
- Final selection will be made according to criteria established by the program.
- Notifications of outcomes will be given by the dean of the College of Medicine.
- Successful applicants will be informed of outcomes in writing.
- Unsuccessful applicants can receive feedback on the decision, should they request it.
- All candidates will be treated in a fair and equitable manner and will be given equal opportunities to express and represent themselves.
- The duration of the interview will be no more than 20 minutes.
- Applicants will not be judged only on academic accomplishments, but also on potential to meet the requirements of the program and to graduate as skilled and effective health care educators equipped to take up positions of leadership with respect to curriculum and educational policies and procedures.
- The interview will be evaluated according to pre-specified criteria.
- Interviews will be held on specific dates.
- Interview panels will include faculty members of the College of Medicine.
Successful applicants will be sent letters of acceptance showing the date of program commencement.
The announcement, selection & acceptance process will be conducted before the end of the first semester of the academic year (in the middle of December) and will be announced on the university website in February.
1. What is unique about this college?
The College of Medicine implements a unique medical program. The student-centered curriculum aims to produce medical graduates who are committed to rational, compassionate healthcare and medical research of the highest quality. Some of the features that distinguish this program include:
- Early clinical experience
- Integration of subject within and across years
- The use of new information technologies
- A focus on clinical reasoning
- Assessment which emphasizes relevance, feedback, and comprehensiveness
2. Is this college of medicine recognized locally and internationally?
Yes, it is.
3. How many years do I need to spend studying before I can practice as a doctor?
If you are accepted in Stream II you will spend four and a half years, plus an internship.
4. How can I join this college?
You can join the college by registering your data in our online registration system. There are some requirements and conditions you must meet.
5. I have graduated from college of applied health sciences three years ago. Can I join the college?
Yes. Only students whos graduation certificate is more than five years old cannot be a student in the College of Medicine.
6. I am a graduate of college of English literature. Can I join the college of medicine?
Our College only accepts the graduate students from the following institutions:
- College of pharmacy
- College of sciences
- College of applied sciences
- College of veterinary medicine
8. What is the procedure to apply for this college?
You can apply to the college by following this link to the online registration system. Click on the link and you will be taken to the online registration system. Before entering your data, read the terms and conditions carefully. If you meet them, continue with the online registration by entering your data page by page.
9. Does the College accept female students?
Currently, we accept male students only. However, we will give female students the chance to join our college in the near future when the facilities are available.
There will be several course blocks which must be completed in sequence.
The details of the course can be obtained from this Stream II link.
The Student Guide offers more information about admissions and registration as well as general student life here at the college of medicine.
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
College of Medicine, Admission and Registration
P.O. BOX 9515 (Internal 6556)
College of Medicine – Jeddah 21423
Name: Othman Kabli
Telephone No.: 966-2-264-0000
Extension No.: 26234