Goals & Objectives:
Mission of the Department of Basic Medical Sciences is in-line with the mission of the College of Medicine.
- The Department aims to foster excellence in both teaching and research.
- Promotes to establish a research milieu, which is conducive to learning and creating new knowledge.
- Using Problem Based Integrated, didactic and hands-on teaching and learning strategies, we aim to inculcate in students, the critical thinking, logical reasoning and life-long learning abilities.
- Develop the students’ ability to use basic principles in biology to understand and solve problems related to health and disease in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Through integrated teaching and learning strategy we aim to enhance collaboration between Basic Medical Sciences and the Clinical faculty and effectively utilize precious institutional resources.
Our vision is to be recognized as a department of excellence fostering strong Basic Medical Sciences faculty, engaged in high caliber teaching and research. This will help us in attracting the best students and faculty for the university.